Minecraft Bedrock BETA 188.8.131.52 is out!
Written By Tabish
All you Minecraft lovers, Minecraft Bedrock BETA 184.108.40.206 is out. Although it's a BETA version, that isn't going to stop us from playing it, isn't it?. They released it on September 9th 2021.
This update brings you more levels, more fun, and most importantly, keeps things interesting. They added a new mountain biome called Stony Peaks biome.
Some player groups are disappointed with the update as they were expecting deep dark caves, but they got the Stony Peak biome. This biome is already available in Java Edition 1.18 snapshots. Well, you cannot hype it up by deep dark caves and then give something else instead.
Mojang has also brought many new 1.18 features like generation tweaks, cloud height increase, and as usual, many bug fixes, including experimental features.
- Added a new mountain biome: Stony Peaks!
- It is a variant of lofty/snow-capped peaks that uses stone and gravel instead of snow and ice, is used to avoid temperature clashes like snow-capped peaks sticking up from a jungle.
- Corrected vegetation in Mountain Meadows
- Dripstone Clusters can now only be found in the Dripstone biome
- Dripstone features are now only generated in the Dripstone biome
- Mountain biomes now have correct feature places to match the Java Edition side-snapshot
- Infested Stone can be found under new mountains
- Tweaked ore distribution to match the Java Edition side-snapshot
- Clouds are now at Y level 192
- Tweaked biome placement, river size, and terrain shapes for a better overworld experience
- Tweaked mob spawning in mountain and cave biomes to match the Java Edition side-snapshot
- Trees in swamps can now generate slightly deeper when in water.
- Deepslate now generates at lower depths (MCPE-125117)
- Dripstone features now generate at Deepslate depths.
- The placement logic of the Small Dripstone feature has been refactored, frequency is similar but exact positions will differ.
- Maps now correctly show the colours of blocks below a Y level of zero.
- Vines now generate in Lush Caves instead of generating above the surface (MCPE-125800)
- Vines can now grow down below zero height
NON-EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES AND BUG FIXES
- Falling stalactites are now offset properly to avoid interacting with entities outside their intended hitbox (MCPE-132772)
- Beehives now generate in the world facing south
CANDLE CAKE BLOCKS
- Pressing the 'use' button on a Candle Cake now consumes the correct amount of cake slices (MCPE-135519)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Character Creator
- Tweaked colour tint for default Steve skin to match default Steve (MCPE-120818)
- Altered message for when friends change skins (MCPE-92772)
- Education Edition items are no longer shown as an option when using @e[type=] (MCPE-78363)
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be set on fire upon changing dimensions if there was Lava underneath the Nether Portal (MCPE-28765)
- Players can no longer eat food at full hunger in Survival mode (MCPE-60807)
- Sea Grass no longer spawns under Lily Pads during world generation to avoid breaking them
- Villagers can no longer spam doors open and closed (MCPE-28055)
- Cartographers now more consistently give new maps on all platforms
- Amethyst geodes are now much less likely to generate in Strongholds, and if they do they will not destroy End Portals (MCPE-129861, MCPE-128799)
- Improved world visibility culling for underground situations to eliminate seeing sky at the end of tunnels/stairs
- Improved mob pathing around partial blocks (MCPE-127381)
- Armour no longer renders on Pillagers and Vindicators, but are still granted armour effects (MCPE-74242)
- Fixed an issue with mob rendering that caused Vindicator Axes to be visible even when they're not attacking older Resource Packs (MCPE-123229)
- More mobs will spawn underground in the Overworld
- Powder Snow no longer disappears when looking at it from a distance (MCPE-127565)
- Trapdoors now rotate correctly when loaded from a Structure block (MCPE-66933)
- Fixed an issue where the d-pad and directional keys could not be used to navigate in certain parts of the UI (MCPE-132826)
- Fixed an issue where an error message could be shown after suspending the game on the achievements screens with screen animations disabled (MCPE-132269)
- Fixed an issue where an obscure game rule was added to settings (MCPE-139025)
- Fix keyboard/d-pad navigation from custom server to edit server button
- New achievements screens are available on Windows 10 ARM-based PCs
- The sign in the text on the start screen will no longer overlap the Marketplace button
- Add space between tab title and the word 'Tab' for text-to-speech on the Settings screen
- Added "More Info" button to failed sign-in modal
- Updated documentation for Block Rotation Component
- Added required toggles to documentation and to content error for block components
- Command blocks with 'Needs Redstone' and a non-zero 'Delay in Ticks' will now execute only if they remain powered for the delay duration (MCPE-74281)
- Fix alignment of the sidebar display from the /scoreboard command when text length changes
- Updated documentation for BlockExplosionResistance
- Fixed failure to render leash when attached to a mob outside of viewport (MCPE-63931)
- Added a content error for using material but not providing the required number of textures to the render controller
- Testing RenderDragon engine across a subset of Android devices (ARMv7)
- Fixed ability to summon experience orbs via /summon command (MCPE-130835)
- Fixed display only entity destruction in chunk discard scenarios
- Fixed query.item_remaining_use_duration having improperly scaled or inverted results (This fix is a Versioned Change as of engine version 1.17.30)
- Add new compile errors for expressions like 'text' + 3, which were previously ignored (This is a Versioned Change as of engine version 1.17.40)
- Added an ImGUI window for easier viewing of content errors
GAME TEST FRAMEWORK (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Renamed method succeedWhenBlockTypePresent to succeedWhenBlockPresent
- Fixed a bug where property idwould return "Unknown" for custom entities (MCPE-137786)
- Identifier strings returned from property idnow include the item's namespace
- Removed method thenWaitWithDelay
- Added method thenWaitAfter(delayTicks: number, callback: () => undefined) - After a delay, executes the given callback every tick until it succeeds. Exceptions thrown within the callback will end sequence execution
- Fixed a bug where the location property would return an incorrect height for players
- Added property id
- Replaced method getLocationwith property location
- Replaced method getPermutationwith property permutation
- Replaced method getTypewith property type
- Replaced methods isWaterloggedand setWaterlogged with property isWaterlogged
- Replaced method getBlockDatawith property permutation
- Replaced method isEmptywith property isEmpty
- Removed property canBeWaterlogged
- Replaced method getNamewith property id
- Replaced method canBeWaterloggedwith property canBeWaterlogged
- Replaced method getTypewith property type
PLEASE READ before participating in the Minecraft Beta:
- Joining the beta will replace your game with a work in progress version of Minecraft
- You will not have access to Realms and will not be able to join non-beta players while you're previewing the beta
- Any worlds played while in the beta cannot be opened in previous versions of the game so please make copies of worlds to prevent losing them
- Beta builds can be unstable and are not representative of the final version quality
- The beta is available only on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android (Google Play). To join or leave the beta, see aka.ms/JoinMCBeta for detailed instructions