Easy way to kill the Ender Dragon using beds in Minecraft
Written By Tabish
If you've ever played Minecraft, you know that defeating the Ender Dragon can be a real challenge. It's a powerful boss with a lot of health and can deal a lot of damage if you're not careful. But there is a trick to killing the Ender Dragon using beds that makes the fight much easier. In this guide, we'll show you how to do it step-by-step.
Step 1: Preparing for the Fight
Before you attempt to take on the Ender Dragon, you'll need to make sure you have the right gear. Here's what you'll need:
- Enchanted armor: Protection IV armor is recommended to help you survive the Ender Dragon's attacks.
- Enchanted weapons: Sharpness V swords or Power V bows are good choices.
- Plenty of food: Bring plenty of food to keep your hunger bar full during the fight.
- Ender pearls: You'll need ender pearls to reach the top of the obsidian towers and take out the end crystals.
Step 2: Finding the End Portal
The first step to taking on the Ender Dragon is finding the End Portal. This is the portal that takes you to the End, where the Ender Dragon resides. To find the End Portal, you'll need to:
- Collect twelve Eye of Enders: You can craft these by combining an ender pearl with blaze powder.
- Locate the stronghold: Throw the Eye of Enders and follow them until they lead you to the stronghold.
- Find the portal room: The stronghold will have a portal room with the End Portal.
Step 3: Taking Out the End Crystals
Before you can take on the Ender Dragon, you'll need to take out the end crystals that are healing it. To do this, you'll need to:
- Use ender pearls to reach the top of the obsidian towers: These towers have the end crystals on top of them.
- Break the end crystals: You can use a bow or a sword to destroy the end crystals. Be careful not to hit the bedrock platform or you could fall into the void.
Step 4: Killing the Ender Dragon with Beds
Now it's time to take on the Ender Dragon itself. Here's how to do it using beds:
- Place a bed near the Ender Dragon: The bed should be placed on the obsidian platform where the Ender Dragon spawns.
- Wait for the Ender Dragon to come to you: The Ender Dragon will come to attack you, but when it does, it will take damage from the explosion caused by the bed.
- Repeat the process: You'll need to place and detonate several beds to kill the Ender Dragon. Make sure to have extra beds in your inventory.
1) How to find the End Portal?
You can find the End Portal by collecting twelve Eye of Enders, locating the stronghold, and finding the portal room.
2) What gear do I need to defeat the Ender Dragon?
You'll need enchanted armor, weapons, plenty of food, and ender pearls.
3) Does Fortune work on the Ender Dragon?
No, Fortune doesn't work on the Ender Dragon.
4) Can I kill the Ender Dragon without beds?
Yes, you can kill the Ender Dragon without using beds, but it will be more difficult.
Killing the Ender Dragon using beds is a clever and effective strategy. With the right preparation and some patience, you can
Additional tips & tricks
To consistently kill the Ender Dragon using beds and not die multiple times before you achieve the goal. You will need to prepare, as they say failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Firstly you would need to get 15 wool which you will get from shaving sheep. Then you need 15 planks which you will get by converting wood to planks on a crafting bench. 1 wood will convert to 4 planks. Use this to make 5 beds. 3 wool + 3 planks on a crafting bench will make 1 bed. Since this will be the first time you should make extra beds.
Now we have the beds to inflict some damage to the dragon, but we cannot kill it just yet. If you notice the obsidian pillars near the dragon, they have floating crystals which the dragon will use to regenerate its health. We must destroy all of them before we attempt to kill the dragon.
You can destroy the crystals with swords and arrows, but there is another way. Collect as many snowballs as you can. Yes the harmless snowballs, everyone uses them to irritate their friends while playing co-op. Who would have thought they would help in killing the Ender Dragon. You have to throw the snowballs at the crystals since you can throw the snowballs easily and at a great height, it will just need a little practice. Make sure to carry as many as you can.
We are not ready to kill the Dragon yet. We need a stack of stone blocks to act as a shield. It will protect you from the dragon and the blast caused by the bed. If you want you can carry other items which you feel you will need but we really do not need anything else.
Time to Kill the Ender Dragon
Now comes the real fun. It's time to kill the dragon. Firstly we cannot pick a fight with the Enderman, make sure not to stare at them and all will be fine. Secondly, keep an eye on the dragon’s location. Make sure to run away when you see it's coming towards you. We should try and destroy the crystals floating on the short pillars first. Throw your snowballs at them. Once this is done, we can move on to the taller pillars. These may be a little challenging, usually, you can get them from below. If not, then you may place a few blocks underneath you and get to a higher level, but make sure you are quick as the Dragon will try to attack you.
Now, once you have all the crystals destroyed, It's time to take on the Ender Dragon. Make sure you have the bed and stone block on the Hotbar. Go to the centre, make sure not to look at the Enderman. The Ender Dragon will attack you, but this is what we want. It will fly high and dive down. Once it begins its dive, place a bed and move a few steps back and place a stone block in front of you. The bed will explode when the dragon collides with it. Repeat this process a few times and the Dragon will be dead.