How to find Nether Quartz in Minecraft
Written By Tabish
Nether Quartz is one of the valuable resources in Minecraft, especially for decorating. Our guide will help you learn more about them quickly.
How to Find Nether Quartz in Minecraft?
Nether Quartz are just like Netherite, however, they have multiple white lines on them. They can be spotted easily. If you see red blocks with white markings, they are most likely Nether Quartz.
Where to Find Nether Quartz in Minecraft
Nether Quartz can only be found in the Nether regions. They have a spawning rate of 45% which is as high as the iron ore spawn rate in the Overworld. To reach Nether you need a portal made from Obsidian.
How to Mine Nether Quartz Ore
To mine Nether Quartz in Minecraft, you must use a pickaxe. Any other tool will destroy it and you gain nothing. A wood pickaxe or better quality will work however Iron or Diamond pickaxe will make the job go faster. You can expect 1-4 Nether Quartz from each block.
What are the uses of Nether Quartz
Nether Quartz Ore can be used for:
- Crafting: Daylight Sensors, Redstone Comparators, Quartz Blocks, and Chiseled Quartz Blocks all need Nether Quartz Ore
- Bartering with Piglins: You can get items like Gold Ingots, Emeralds, and Netherite Scraps in exchange for Nether Quartz Ore
- Building: Fancy Pillars, Stairs and Slabs can be constructed from decorative blocks made with Nether Quartz Ore
How to Get Nether Quartz Faster
- Use a Fortune 3 pickaxe: You get 1-4 from each drop. A Fortune 3 pickaxe dropped the amount.
- Nether Quartz Geodes: Nether Quartz Geodes are rare and appear only in the Nether regions. The Geodes give you valuable items including Nether Quartz.
- Explore Nether Fortresses: Nether Fortresses are common structures in the Nether. Small amounts of Nether Quartz Ore can be found in them, however, they also contain other valuable items, such as Redstone, Gold, and Blaze Rods which makes them a profitable option
- Use a map: You can use the map to locate Nether Quartz
- Use a silk touch pickaxe: If you do not have a Fortune 3 pickaxe, use a silk touch pickaxe to preserve the block. When you acquire a Fortune 3 pickaxe use it on the blocks.
- Play on a multiplayer server: The more people looking for Nether Quartz the faster the locating and mining time. Use the above points to get the maximum result.
- Nether Quartz Ore can be found in veins of 1-14 blocks.
- The highest concentration of Nether Quartz Ore is found between Y=10 and Y=117.
- Nether Quartz Ore can also be found in Nether Fortresses, Nether Quartz Geodes, and Bastion Remnants.