How to backup Minecraft Bedrock Edition World
Written By Tabish
To backup Minecraft Bedrock Edition World is really intuitive and simple. Bedrock developers have made it really easy for even non-tech savvy people to backup their worlds.
Backup Minecraft Bedrock Edition World
- One must login to their Minecraft Store account.
- Open your Minecraft Bedrock Edition Game.
- Press the Play button to get to the options tab
- You will be prompted with three tabs, Worlds, Friends, Server. Select Worlds tabs.
- You will see a list of worlds, click on the Pencil icon next to the world you want to transfer.
- On the right column, you will see Games Settings. Scroll to the bottom and click Export World.
- On the File Explorer window, navigate to the location you wish to save the world.
- Click Export, this will export the world as a backup file which you can then use to clone worlds on another PC or repair world on existing PC.
The above steps will store your file with .mcworld as an extension. You can copy this file multiple times. If you would like to backup more worlds, you can do so by following the above steps.
Here are the step-by-step directions to transfer via iCloud
- Open up the Files app on your iPad/iPhone
- Under Browse you should see “On My iPad/iPhone”- tap to open
- You should see a folder with Minecraft. Tap to open
- Open a folder called games.
- Open folder called com.mojang.
- Tap & Hold on minecraftWorlds. It contains all your worlds
- Tap on Save to Files.
- Navigate to the iCloud Drive folder you want to store the backup file. The default location is the Downloads folder.
- Press ‘Save’ at the top
You have now successfully stored a backup of your Minecraft Bedrock Edition worlds to your iCloud account. It’s good to do this periodically anyway so you’ll always have a backup!