How to find Ancient Debris in Minecraft the Smart Way
Written By Tabish
If you want to get your hands on Netherite, the most powerful and durable material in Minecraft, you'll need to find Ancient Debris. It's the only source of Netherite Scrap, which you can use to upgrade your Diamond gear. But finding Ancient Debris isn't easy. It's a rare block that spawns in the Nether, and it's usually buried deep underground. In this guide, we'll show you how to find Ancient Debris in Minecraft the smart way.
How to Find Ancient Debris in Minecraft?
Before we dive into the details, let's talk about the basics of Ancient Debris. It's a rare block that spawns in the lower parts of the Nether, between Y-levels 8 and 22. You'll need a Diamond or Netherite Pickaxe to mine it, and it's blast resistant, so it can survive explosions.
Here are the steps to finding Ancient Debris:
- Find the Right Location: As mentioned, Ancient Debris can be found between Y-levels 8 and 22, but it's most common between Y-levels 15 and 17. So, it's best to start your search within this range.
- Get Prepared: Make sure you have a Diamond or Netherite Pickaxe, as well as other necessary equipment like armor and food. You'll also need some Fire Resistance potions or gear to protect you from the lava.
- Dig Straight Down: You can dig straight down to Y-level 15 or 16, then start mining a 1x2 tunnel. This is an efficient way to find Ancient Debris, but it's also dangerous because you can fall into lava pools or encounter other hazards. Make sure to dig carefully and keep an eye out for any dangers.
- Use TNT: TNT can be used to mine a larger area quickly. However, this method can also be dangerous as it can create larger holes and expose you to more hazards. Make sure to use TNT wisely and with caution.
- Search Basalt Deltas: Basalt Deltas is a new biome in Minecraft 1.16 that has a higher chance of spawning Ancient Debris. It's also relatively safe, as it doesn't have many lava pools. So, if you're having trouble finding Ancient Debris, this might be a good place to search.
Best Way to Find Ancient Debris in Minecraft?
The best way to find Ancient Debris is to use a combination of the methods we've mentioned above. Digging straight down can be efficient, but it's also dangerous. Using TNT can help you mine a larger area quickly, but it can also create more hazards. Searching Basalt Deltas can increase your chances of finding Ancient Debris, but it's still a rare block.
We recommend mining in a straight line at Y-level 15 or 16 and using TNT to clear larger areas. If you find a Basalt Delta biome, search there as well. Remember to always stay safe and keep an eye out for hazards.
What tools do I need to mine Ancient Debris?
Mining Ancient Debris requires a diamond or netherite pickaxe. If mined by any other tool, Hands or non-tool items will not work, and you would end up destroying the ore. In other words, you will gain nothing by using the wrong tool. By enchanting your pickaxe with Fortune, you will get more Ancient Debris from a single node. For maximum results, enchant pickaxe with Fortune 3.
Does Fortune Work on Ancient Debris?
Fortune is an enchantment that increases the chances of blocks dropping more items. Unfortunately, Fortune doesn't work on Ancient Debris. You'll only get one Netherite Scrap per Ancient Debris block, regardless of whether you have Fortune on your Pickaxe or not.
What is the Nether region, and how to get there?
The Nether is a dangerous hell-like dimension filled with fire, lava, fungus-based vegetation, and many hostile mobs. To access the Nether, the player must construct a nether portal in the Overworld (portals created in The End do not activate). To create the portal, the player must first build a rectangular obsidian frame, ranging in size from a minimum of 4×5 to a maximum of 23×23.
Once the frame construction is complete, the portal needs to be activated. Activating the portal requires one to light a fire within the frame, using flint and steel, fire charge, dispensers or any material capable of igniting a fire.
Some Tips and Tricks
The Nether region is pretty scary and not exactly safe to mine. You will encounter mobs frequently. If you thought that is it?. You would be mistaken because the Nether has random holes and drops. One has to mine carefully and make sure you do not fall into the lava.
The safe way of doing this is to make a 6 by 6 enclosure with a door before you start mining. As a result, this will prevent mobs from surprise attacking you. Once the enclosure is complete, you can start digging down diagonally and make stares. Making sure to dig a few blocks ahead of you will allow you to be safe should you stumble across a hole.
It is best to carry Bottles of experience, fire resistance, Golden Apples or Golden Carrot, and Items enchanted with mending and fire resistance. As a result, this will prevent you from dying fast.
If you do not like to mine a lot, you should use beds or TNT to explode the unwanted items and clear your path to Ancient Debris. Do not worry, Ancient Debris is not affected by TNT blasts, one can find them floating at their spawn point after the blast. Make sure to use a diamond pickaxe or better to mine it.